- Milk – Children are by far the most likely to have allergies to milk. Some children grow out of this allergy during their early childhood. Others find they remain allergic to milk their whole life. Lots of substitutions have come on the market over the years and there are many to choose from such as rice, soy and almond milk products.
- Tree nuts - Allergies to nuts are the most dangerous and possibly the most deadly food allergy in existence. Some examples of tree nuts are: walnuts, Brazil nuts, pistachios, almonds, and cashews. Be very careful in buying mixes and pre-made items. Most will list ingredients if made with nuts or nuts are produced in the factory
- Peanuts – The amount of people who are allergic to peanuts is just about the same as the number of people who are allergic to tree nuts. Individuals allergic to peanuts must also be aware that a lot of foreign cultures use nuts in their cooking such as Asian or Mexican dishes. Always carry an Epi pen for safety measures.
- Wheat – Many children and adults are now finding that they are becoming allergic to wheat. It’s an allergy that can be very difficult and expensive to overcome. Most of the products on the market are wheat based and it is in everything from sauces to baked goods, to pre-made items etc. Since more and more people are becoming allergic to wheat luckily most of the local grocery stores are beginning to carry more and more gluten-free items. Over the years the taste has gotten much better and sometimes it is difficult to even determine the difference between the too.
- Eggs –Almost 1.5% of American children are allergic to eggs. Hopefully most children outgrow this allergy by the time that they are three years old. Pay attention to your child if they are having some type of reaction to a certain food. Many children will say I hate this particular food and it’s not because of the taste. Usually it’s because the body is letting them know it doesn’t agree with it.
Are you a busy mom or busy professional opting for choices that are not the healthiest for you or your family? You can now sit down for dinner and have nourishing home cooked meals fully prepared in your home without the high calories and high sodium content. Every meal is stored in the fridge and awaits you. No more worries, no more stress on what am I going to have for dinner? Debbie’s Home Cooked Meals can help. Visit me @ http://debbiesmobilekitchen.com or http://cp.zidster.com/713A82B9-6F9C-4FB5-90CF-E199C8D92026/about.asp.