PY! Learning Center ~ May Sessions ~ Click Here
|Home||About Us||Meetings||Members||Resources||Connections||Contact Us|
Michael S. Smith's new book, Kitchens and Baths, is an inspiration to kitchen and bath designers and homeowners alike. Find out more in my blog...
- Green Bathrooms and
- Vessel Sinks
Find out the New Trends in Kitchen and Bath Design!
We all the love taste of chocolate but enjoy it even more when we are gifted a box on Valentine’s Day. Chocolate is one of the most popular sweet-tasting treats in the world and has been for eons.
It is considered the number one treat for romance. It has been considered a powerful aphrodisiac for centuries. In Mayans times, newly married couples would feed one another chocolate in anticipation of their wedding night, and the French enjoy it with their lovers as they believed it increased arousal and stamina. Certain natural chemicals that occur in chocolate create slight changes in the body, such as raising the heart rate. It induces a sense of love and raises serotonin. Serotonin is one of the main reasons that chocolate is also seen as a treat for when your feeling under the weather as it is a mood enhancerChocolate can be beneficial to one's health, but only in moderation and only the purer versions of dark chocolate. Dark chocolate can be bitter in taste but is powerful and potent and a small amount. Just remember to eat it in moderation, it still has calories.
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Along with my Christian beliefs, my core values and my own personal mantra of being true to my word, I believe these four simple agreements can be easily adhered to no matter what your spiritual beliefs are. So much so, that I always recommend this book as a guide for my clients at some point in their personal journey. I am pleased to say that for most of my clients, it has been life changing for them also.
- Be Impeccable With Your Word - Words have power. It's really simple; say what you mean and mean what you say. If you say something that is not in line with your beliefs to please someone else or for acceptance, you are not being impeccable with your word. Just as important, words are so powerful that they will carry on for generations, for better, or for worse. If you say something to someone, especially a child, be impeccable with your words; they have power. Words carry energy and can shift the way the other person, as well as yourself, views life, themselves as a person, their faith and their worth. Be impeccable with your word; it is the basis for integrity and without this consistent agreement, you will be in conflict with other virtues such as trust, respect and loyalty.
- Don't Make Assumptions - There is no fine line here; it is either a fact or it is not. I guess, I think, I believe, I thought, are all the beginnings of an assumption. To eliminate drama from your life, eliminate making assumptions. Ask questions, wait for answers, make your decisions based on what is, not what you think it is, or what you think the person is thinking or feeling. Ask questions, it will eliminate the need to make assumptions. With this one simple agreement, you will be happy to learn that not all things are what you think they are when you finally learn the truth about what is.
- Don't Take Anything Personally - One of the simplest, yet most complex of the Agreements. If you choose to see things as they are, it will be easier to see that not all things are about you. Choose to release the need to think so and you will be liberated to know, most things that you've taken personally in the past, actually have nothing to do with you! When you find yourself in this situation; step back, see things for what they are, face your truth or the truth about the circumstances and see if there is truly any reason for you to take any of it personally. It's a choice, only you can decide, it's powerful and it's liberating!
- Always Do Your Best - One of the greatest gifts I learned from this Agreement is that "your best" shifts just as you do. If you believe you are "this", then recognize that "this" will change and shift from minute to minute as you and your circumstances evolve. When you learn this simple agreement and shift your thinking to apply this concept to your own truth, you immediately stop beating yourself up. If your inner voice sounds something like this, "I am not this", "I don't have that", "I failed", "I am not good enough for that" or "I could never qualify", you probably have not been very fair to yourself and your potential. When you start recognizing, with optimum truth and integrity; "I did the best I could today with what I have available to me, based on the conditions of my life and my health in this very moment",everything changes! It is amazing how life can be when you see it for what it truly is. When you accept and acknowledge that life at this very moment has no attachment to expectations from others and especially to your past, you are free to excel and do your very best! It's all about right now, this very moment. Are you doing your best in this very moment? If your truthful answer is yes, that's all that matters! Go, get it!
January 18, 2012
Becoming Our Own Role Models
There was a time where women stood together in a bond of sisterhood, women supporting women.
As women embrace the fullness of who they are as individuals, they may find themselves supporting other women, helping others to reach the level of inner comfort and outer freedom that they themselves have found. Among those who are less sure of themselves and their place in the world, it may be more common to criticize other women than to seek their help. But there are things that a woman can only learn from another woman, as there are things about being a man that can only be learned from other men. We all recognize that we have much to learn from each other regardless of gender, but sometimes we could use a supportive role model that gives us a more precise example of what and who we can become.
There was a time where women stood together in a bond of sisterhood, women supporting women. It is only natural that the pendulum swings out of balance for a while so that we may have the experience of what we do not want. It is up to women to bring the pendulum back into balance and bring back the sacred sisterhood we yearn for at our core.
If we envision a world where women support each other and help each other find their place in an ever-changing world, then we can become the change we want to see. Jealousy, envy, criticism, and judgment are refuges for the insecure. As we help others to become self-assured, we create a world in which all people help each other, regardless of gender. Only women can make the change in how women are seen and understood, not just by other women but by the world at large. The way we speak about each other to other women and to the men in our lives informs everyone to treat us with the respect that all women, and all people, deserve.
What do you think?
Discuss this article and share your opinion!
As we get older, the children begin to leave home and we find the need to downsize. Moving into a new space can mean a smaller kitchen. You may now find there is no room to cook and prepare your meals.
Here are some tips to remedy that:
Whether you have one or more of these appliances, you can create healthy easy meals for yourself without a full kitchen. Have fun with it. There is lots of room for creativity.
- Toaster Oven: Because it heats quickly, a toaster oven is an economical way to broil or bake. Of course, it is limited by its small size but can be used for heating single meals, roasting vegetables, toasting bread, and making toasted sandwiches, for example.
- Hot Plate: An inexpensive alternative for a full size stove top, a hot plate is ideal for hotel rooms and small apartments. Just about anything that can be made on a stove top can be made on a hot plate with a saucepan or frying pan.
- Rice Cooker: Consisting of a metal bowl with a heat source on the bottom, rice is not the only thing that can be cooked in a rice cooker. With a little creativity, it can also be used to cook flavorful one-pot dishes.
- Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot: As it’s designed to cook unattended, you can add ingredients to a slow cooker in the morning before work, for example, and then come home at the end of the day to a fully cooked meal. Slow cookers are ideal for cooking things like stews, casseroles or anything which requires a long time to cook.
Always like posting food tips but thought this one was quite
The pomegranate is probably one of the most well known
fruits for increasing your sex drive. Drinking pomegranate
juice can actually increase sex drive.
In a recent study some couples were given pomegranate juice to drink then asked to perform some erotic activities and couples who drank the pomegranate juice showed elevated levels of sexual interest.
The main reason reason pomegranates are so effective is that it helps the body to open up blood vessels and increase to blood flow which is great news for the libido.
You can eat pomegranates or drink the juice, the juice is more potent but the fruit can also be very enjoyable to eat and its consider quite an exotic fruit to share with your partner (especially chilled with some shaved ice .
No need for Viagra again. LOL
We are broadcasting LIVE on
Listen in now or On-Demand at your convienience
C.O.R.E. ~ How to Make Your Best Year Ever Perfect
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
8:00pm until 9:00pm
Next Class begins April 3, 2012 ~ Details for early registration and discounts coming soon!
~ eℓℓe ƸӜƷ
Ladies, are you ready to shape your future and create your best life ever?
"IT'S YOUR LIFE... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?"
Empowering Women to Live Their Best Life!
If you are ready to shape your future and create your best life ever, this program is for you!
Join Me and Make 2012 Your Year!
Let's get working on creating a "Success Plan" and a fresh start for you! It's never too late to refresh, rejuvenate and rebuild! Give yourself the gift of time by being part of the NEXT 8 week Tele-Seminar Series, entitled
"It's Your Life...What are You Waiting For?"
This class was designed for women to take their lives to the next level by gaining clarity, identifying their purpose and creating a success plan to move them forward towards the life they dream of. What we embark on is an 8 week journey as a group to develop personally and professionally. What you will learn in the 8 weeks is the importance of creating a sound personal foundation by being very clear on who you are, what you value, and how you can align your life to be congruent with the things that are most important to you. In short, we work as a team to Create Everyday Excellence, grow as individuals, as women, as business owners and most importantly to create lifelong successes in every aspect of your life.
Working on a different topic weekly, you will become skilled with the tools needed to design your own customized Life Success Plan. Become empowered by learning the skills needed to align what you think, what you say, and what you do, with your values and your goals and the vision you have for the life you dream of.
Are you ready to live the life you dream of? Then contact me for more details and Register for the No-Cost Informational Call where I will define the program along with a brief overview of the weekly topics. You will learn what you can expect weekly, and what you can accomplish with the tools you will become skilled with. More importantly, you will learn how taking this one step can lead you to discovering your sense of purpose, an increased self-awareness and self-confidence, while discovering who you really are and what truly makes you happy!
"IT'S YOUR LIFE...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?"
8 Week Tele-Seminar Program
Next Class begins April 3, 2012
Evening Classes via Telephone Bridge Lines
Tuesdays, 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
These classes are designed for flexibility, convenience and to accommodate participation without the stress of travel and extended requirements of your time. The telephonic teaching format creates a "global classroom" that is bridging geographic, cultural, and social divides. Dial in each week from the comfort of your home or office and be connected to interesting, powerful individuals who are ready to create excellence in their lives.
Read what prior students are raving about and the personal breakthroughs they share below:
"Eluise we often think about the classes and you naturally and there are times we are facing a dilemma of sorts, Dianne will say "what would Eluise say about this?" It redirects our focus for sure... We are certainly not "there", but more aware, yes, we are! Thanks to you! We need another It's Your Life class, hope you are working on one, count us in!" - Marie Iacono
"Thank you for your inspirational words, your candor and your praise. I understand now more than ever, "To Conquer Yourself is to know the Way". Thank you for believing in me even more than I believed in myself, from the start of our journey to now! " - Christine Cipriano, NY
"Eluise, I am so glad you gave me the opportunity to take your classes. I was going through a rough time feeling like something was missing in my life. Working with our group has really awakened me. I realized I wasn't alone, all the while meeting such wonderful people. We all had different feelings and thoughts, but all needed a plan. Each week, as the weeks went by, things were just unfolding. These classes helped me to clarify my thoughts that would have remained unsaid and desires that have always felt impossible. It really helped me to take control of my life and get on the right path. I am upset that the 12 weeks came to an end, I'm looking forward to a Part Two!" - E.D.
"I am so grateful for this class and the impact it has had on my development. You have helped me grow and realize that CHOICES are up to me...and what an IMPACT each will have on life...I am more aware of my thoughts and having the ability to be aware of them and to have the power of making choices that serve me well leads to my own well being! Thank you!" - Laura Dinten
"Thank you for helping so many of us evolve into our true selves. Joy and love forever and always!!!" - Dianne N.
How much would you be willing to invest if you could profoundly alter your personal and professional life? Are you committed to transform your every day into the life you wish you were living? If you could live the life you dream of, would it be worth your time and the investment of $250.00? Then take the first step and contact me today! I will share the details for registration, discounts and the No-Cost Informational Call where I describe the details of the class content and our roles in your success!
"IT'S YOUR LIFE... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?"
Remember - Only you can make the call and take action!
"Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become."
Call Today (239) 541-8878 to schedule your Complimentary Coaching Session!
"When adversity knocks on your door,
how do you respond?"
A daughter complained to her father about her life and how things were so hard for her. She didn’t know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of all of the fighting and struggling. It seemed that just as one problem was solved, a new one always arose.
Her father, a chef, took her into the kitchen. He filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots began to a boil. In one pot he placed carrots, in the second pot he placed eggs, and in the third pot he placed ground coffee beans. He let them sit and boil, without saying a word. The daughter impatiently waited, wondering what her father was doing.
In about 20 minutes, he turned off the burners. He fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. He pulled the eggs out and placed them a bowl. Then he ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.
Turning to his daughter, he asked, "What do you see?" "Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied. He brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. He then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg inside. Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee. She smiled as she tasted its rich flavor and smelled its wonderful aroma.
She humbly asked. "What does it mean, Father?" He explained that each of these three items had faced the same adversity, boiling water, but each reacted differently.
The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. But after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak.
The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior. But after sitting in the boiling water, its inside became hard.
The ground coffee beans were very unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.
"Which are you," he asked his daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?”
So, which one are you?
I share this story often with my clients simply because I see it as a great tool to use when you find yourself in crisis, feeling fearful, lonely, or simply just frustrated. When I share this story, I often use it as a redirection tool and to help raise awareness about the choices we all have in how we respond to challenges, obstacles and adversity.
Life happens; adversity is unavoidable, your well-being and your self-empowerment are directly tied to how you respond to the challenges of the moment.
So, which one are you going to be the next time you are faced with an obstacle, challenge or simply when you are frustrated?